Our manufacturing procedure contain on following steps
- Selection of Raw material like stainless steel.
- Stainless steel available in different grade, Pakistani local and imported from Germany, France, Japan.
MAGNETIC STAINLESS STEEL:
- AISI 410/410X use for production of gripping instruments like Forceps,Tweezers,retractors.
- AISI 420A for cutting instruments like Bone Rongeurs,Chisels,Gouges,scissors ,needle holders.
- AISI420B production for high grade cutting instruments like scissors,Bone Ronerurs.
- AISI440C for cutting high quality instruments like cutely and measuring instruments.
NONE MAGNETIC STAINLESS STEEL:
- AISI 304 use for making Cannula,Clamps,Holders,Spreaders,Suction tubes
- By hand as well as hammer forging.
- Selection of forging process,i.e Hot, Warm or Cold forging.
- Forging process apply on instruments/devices (Hot, Warm or Cold) for shaping metal parts.
- Trimming of excess material and acid cleaning.
MILLING AND TURNING:
- Cutting away the unnecessary material by milling machines.
- Making Serrations, Ratchets, Male & Female box Joints and grooves.
FILING, GRINDING & SETTING:
- Removing of irregularity by grinding wheels and files so instruments develop its final shape.
- Initial setting of instruments by hand with different type of gauges.
- Heat treatment is significant process to improve performance and strength of instruments.
- Heat treatment process is done to change physical and mechanical properties of instruments without modification of original shape of instruments.
- For soften the material /metal Annealing process done.
- Hardening/Tempering process is done to produce durability in the instruments.
- Rockwell hardness (HRC) of needle holder without tungsten carbide inserts around 40-48 while scissors among HRC 50-58.
- Chemical treatment clean surface of steel and increase rust resistance
MAIN PROCESS AS BELOW:
- Pickling is done after heat treatment process to use dilute sulfuric acid/Nitric Acid.
- The passivation process is done when free iron, oxide scale, rust, iron particles, metal chips adversely affect the stability of the surface and this process contains of immersing stainless steel instruments in a solution nitric or citric and sodium dichromate, dissolving the imbedded iron particles and restoring the original corrosion-resistant surface by forming a thin, transparent oxide film.
- Passivation also is accomplished by electro polishing.
- Electro polish is an excellent electro chemical process, passive surface of stainless steel instruments more than other methods because metal gives a bright surface due to this process.
- Spare burr also removed by electro polish process.
- Usually phosphoric and sulphuric acid are used in conjunction with high current density to clean and smooth surface of metal.
FIXING AND FITTING:
- Setting is done to aligning, fixing and fitting the instruments with accurate function
- All unnecessary sharp edges, burrs are removed by skillful craftsmen
POLISHING / BUFFING:
- Metal finishing process done by using different abrasives (grinding, cutting, brushing, felting, buffing wheels) to create a homogeneous surface and finalize appearances of instruments like shine /mirror/bright or dull/satin/matte.
- Electro polishing done to eliminate foreign substances and make surface more corrosion resistant.
- To make sure quality of instruments per desired specifications final checking /inspection done by qualified technician.
- Marking/Printing process done by laser marking system.
- Marking/Printing process also done by etching or screen printing.
- Packaging done per desired specification.